St. John’s Baptist Church was chartered on September 17, 1950, by the Raleigh Baptist Association to provide a Baptist presence in the Oberlin Road community near Cameron Village in Raleigh. Rev. James Morriss was called as the first pastor. For the next several years, the St. John’s Church family met in members’ homes, local schools, and even in a tent, which was pitched on the site of the present church facilities. These facilities were completed in 1953 and 1962. 
ST. JOHN’S BAPTIST CHURCH * RALEIGH | 1615A Oberlin Rd, NC 27608, | church@stjohnsbaptist.com | (919) 832-5134